January 1991 – Present: Independent Writer, Illustrator, and Graphic Designer
- “The Borst Blockhouse: Centralia’s Matchless Treasure,” LewisTalk, Chehalis, WA., February 2017. (Voted #1 in LewisTalk’s Readers’ Choice Most-Read Stories of February 2017.)
- Author of “Santa Lucia: The Art of the Perfect Cup,” a 2016 editorial favorite for LewisTalk online newspaper.
- Author and illustrator of My Day at the Horse Show: A Tell Your Own Story Coloring Book (Flying Pony Studios Press, 2011), which sold out in its first edition. A second edition is forthcoming.
- Author of “Soft Focus: An Important Stepping-Stone from Human to Animal Massage,” Washington Massage Journal, May/June 2004.
- Author of all course materials for the Brenneke School of Massage’s Small and Large Animal Massage Program (2001-2005). Wrote materials on a variety of topics including massage technique, anatomy & physiology, animal behavior, and safety.
- Featured content creator on Niume in literature and art.
- Author of online articles on fine art education, art technique, product and book reviews (Flying Pony Studios blog).
- Author and illustrator of Horse Life (webcomic, 2012)
- Coauthor and illustrator of Privateer Princess (webcomic, 2007-2009).
- Author of articles on public health, professional massage, and alternative health & healing in Washington Massage Journal, Response, and Spiral Journey Magazine.
January 2001 – January 2017: Washington State Licensed Massage Therapist, practice includes humans, large, and small animals, specializing in rehabilitation and recovery for athletes.
August 2001– June 2005: Head of Brenneke School of Massage’s Animal Massage Program, lead instructor, responsible for all aspects of coursework.
- Author of blog articles and promotional materials related to animal massage, behavior, safe handling, and anatomy.
2001: L.M.P (WA state licensed massage practitioner), Brenneke School of Massage
- Received S.A.M.P. and L.A.M.P. that same year. One of the first massage practitioners to receive small and large animal massage endorsements.
1990: M.A. in Anthropology, minor in Scientific Illustration, University of Arizona
1986: B.A. in Anthropology, Bryn Mawr College